Mount Pritchard & District Community Club Ltd (the “Club”) registered under the Registered Clubs Act 1976. The Club is required to comply with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (“Privacy Act”) which regulates, among other things, the collection, storage, quality, use and disclosure of personal information.
The principal activities of the Club are:
- Providing a venue for members and guests to engage in social activities;
- Supporting the community in sporting events;
- Providing members and their families access to a range of goods and services; and
- Providing a safe friendly environment for locals to meet
The Club collects personal information from members including but not limited to temporary members name, address, occupation, date of birth, proof of age, contact details such as your email address and mobile number and the extent of your use of, and purchase of, goods and services offered by, or available at or from, the Club. Also, if you access the Club website the information we collect includes your IP address, type of operating system, type of browser you operate and the area generally where you are located when accessing the website.
The Club collects this information from you by various means including without limitation:
- By you completing and submitting your membership application or renewal form;
- By you completing a sports registration form;
- By you completing an application to join the gym;
- By you completing entries into competitions and promotions; and
- Automatically when you access the website
The Club collects this personal information in order to:
- Verify your age, identify you and process your membership applications;
- Comply with our obligations and meet statutory requirements under the Registered Clubs Act, Anti – Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism laws and other relevant legislation;
- Contact members to advertise and market events, activities, opportunities, offers and the goods and services provided by the Club or companies in which the Club has an ownership interest (including by direct mail, telephone, SMS and MMS) including without limitation with respect to food and beverage, promotions, entertainment, wagering, gaming machines, gaming, sporting events and venue hire;
- Analyse usage of food and services offered by the Club;
- Provide you with goods or services you are receiving or utilising as offered by the Club and to offer and administer any benefits you subsequently become entitled to in relation to that product or service;
- Share your information with companies in which the Club has an ownership interest for the purpose of them marketing their products to you;
- Analyse website usage;
- Respond to your submissions, questions, comments, requests and complaints;
- Conduct our internal business and management processes, for example accounting or auditing purposes; and
- For any other purposes that would reasonably be expected by you
More detailed and sensitive information is collected when the Club is providing a service in the Club fitness centre or the supervised play area of the Club. The fitness centre will require personal health information to ensure your personal safety. Any sensitive information is only collected with the consent of the individual or required by law or permitted by the Privacy Act.
Use and Disclosure
When or before the Club collects personal information, the Club will take reasonable steps to inform the individual providing the information of:
- The purposes for which the formation if collected;
- Where applicable, any law that requires the particular information to be collected, and
- The main consequences for the user if all or part of the information is not provided
From time to time, you may be able to visit the Club website or deal with us anonymously or by pseudonym. However, please be aware that, if you do not provide us with certain personal information that we require, we may not be able to provide you with the products and/or services that you seek.
For example, the Club will be unable to allow you to join the Club or to be a temporary member, unless you have provided us with the required personal information. The Club will also be unable to provide you with certain goods and services (for example, learn to swim, childcare and gym membership) or to join a Sub-Club, unless you have first provided the Club with the required personal information.
The Club will not use your personal information for any other purpose, nor will we disclose it, unless we have your consent or in other circumstances where such use or disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act.
The Club may disclose your information to third parties that provide services under contract to the Club. These contracts require the third party to keep your personal information confidential and secure. These third parties may include (but are not limited to):
- Our related companies, companies in which the Mounties Group has an ownership interest or our agents, in order to: verify your age and identity; to provide products and/or services to you; or to market to you, their products and/or services which you may be interested in;
- Employees, third party service and content providers, dealers and agents, contractors and advisors and suppliers who assist the Club in managing our business or operating our website, for example, business support services, payment processors, website hosting service providers, cloud storage providers etc;
- Law enforcement bodies to assist in their functions, courts of law or as otherwise required or authorised by law;
- Regulatory or government bodies for the purposes of resolving customer complaints or conducting investigations.
Marketing and Promotional Materials
The Club may use your personal information for the purposes of marketing our services/products or to inform you of new services, promotions or events that we believe you may be interested in. For example, from time to time, the Club may wish to carry out a voluntary survey for feedback. Before collecting survey results, the Club will advise you of the purpose of the survey e.g. to gain information for the club to improve services etc.
Visitors and Guests
Under the Registered Clubs Act, patrons visiting the Club must produce a recognised form of identification i.e. passport, drivers license or proof of age card to gain entry to the premises. The Club uses terminals to gather this information and to protect the data collected i.e. addresses of patrons. Scanning of licences is optional and, if preferred, use of manual sign-in, via the terminals is available for patrons once the form of identification has been sighted by an authorised officer of the Club.
Surveillance of Venues
The venues in the Mounties group are subject to video and at times audio surveillance for security reasons. Details of suspected or actual illegal and/or undesirable activities on our premises may be shared with other clubs, law enforcement and regulatory bodies such as the Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing and the Independent Liquor and Gaming Authority.
Your personal information is held securely in our computer system and, where your personal information has been provided in hard copy format, this personal information is either destroyed, held securely on a Club site, held securely within the control of our Sub-Club representatives or held securely in off-site storage.
Personal information is stored and archived for a period of seven (7) years. This includes information about non-members and internet site transmission logs.
The Club relies on the information provided by members to be accurate and current. The Club takes reasonable steps in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you believe the personal information we hold on you is incorrect, please advise us in writing by sending your letter or email to the Privacy Officer using the details below and informing us of the correct information. We will take reasonable steps to correct Club records appropriately and within a reasonable time frame, except where the Privacy Act prohibits it or if there is an exception under law where we may refuse your correction request.
The Privacy Act allows individuals to access and alter records containing their personal information. If you wish to access the personal information the Club holds on you please provide a written request to the Privacy Officer using the details below. The Club will provide you access to your information except where the Privacy Act prohibits it or if there are exceptions under law where we may refuse your request for access.
To change your name on the membership database, supporting documentation from a government source is required. Change of addresses can be done by completing a “Change of Address” form, by letter or by use of the internet.
If you wish to make a complaint about the Club’s use of your personal information, please put your complaint in writing, providing as much detail as possible, and forward it by letter or email to the Privacy Officer using the details below. The Privacy Officer, or another representative of the Club, will investigate the complaint and will provide you with a written response within a reasonable time following the completion of the investigation.
Cross Border Disclosure
Occasionally, we may disclose personal information to overseas recipients, for example:
To our related companies, companies in which the Club has an ownership interest, our affiliate partners or agents, in order to verify your age and identity; or
When we, or our related companies, companies in which the Club has an ownership interest, our affiliate partners or agents, store, process or back-up your personal information on servers that are located overseas.
By providing us with your personal information or otherwise using our products, services or website, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to these overseas recipients. By consenting to this overseas disclosure, you acknowledge and agree that:
(a) The Club will not be accountable under the Privacy Act for any breach of your privacy by an overseas recipient; and
(b) You will not be able to seek redress from the Club under the Privacy Act for any breach of your privacy by an overseas recipient.
Contact us - Privacy Officer
Further information on Privacy can be obtained by contacting the Club’s Privacy Officer using the contact details below:
101 Meadows Road
MT. PRITCHARD NSW 2170
Privacy Hotline: 02 9822 3563
Telephone: 02 9822 3555
Fax: 02 9823 0377